sábado, 6 de novembro de 2010

Porto Alegre

I have two friends in Porto Alegre, that studied with me in Italy for the Italian Language course. However, as both of them were working the day I arrived, a friend of them was my touristical guide for the first day. After lunch, she took me to the center of the city - to see the cathedral, the market and so on - and to a book fair. There, she sayed to this guy I was portuguese, and he was the kindest, offering me Chimarrao (the brazilian mate drink), because "it is tipical and I had to try it" and told me some stories about the South of Brazil. In the end, both as welcome and goodbye gift, he offered me two books from a writer from Rio Grande do Sul.
This is... people here in South America are extremely nice and make everybody (or at least me!) feel soooo welcome, I will end up getting spoiled.


The center of the city is very pretty. So far, from the big cities in Brazil, this was my favorite. Has big avenues, with space to breathe, many trees and the buildings are pretty as well. And as in Sao Paulo and Floripa, street art is everywhere.

The sunset in the river is another beautiful thing about Porto Alegre. Reminded me a little of Istanbul, the colors and some towers that looked like the mosque's towers, the boats.. I don's know why, but it kind of resembles.
After the sunset, time for dinner! And the meat in Rio Grande do Sul is delicious... They took me to this restaurant with an amazing churrasco service with all kinds of meat, salads and so, delicious beer and with a life show of tradicional music, dance and performances, Gaucho style!

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário