quarta-feira, 27 de outubro de 2010

Florianópolis - The Magic Island

Did you ever felt like you finally are home once you have just came to a place you have never been in your life? Where everything, dispite being new, looks familiar? Barra da Lagoa in Florianopolis is, for me, that place. From the first moment in here I feel more at home than in Portugal, as bad as that may sound. I have come to the point that I wish that my scholarship for the phD won't be approved, so that I can come back and stay here.
All my plan for this trip (that only included to stay here for 2 days), all the friends I've visited and the ones I will, all the places left to see are diluting... I just want to stay here.

Beautiful beaches, the landscape, a simple life, life quality above all superficial things. People that changed their lifestyle for a dream and built it with their own hands, and that really care about eachother. Love and a hut instead of an flat full of nothings in the big city.

When I arrived, I was the only guest in the hostel. Immediately they made me feel like part of the family, as the hostel had only me as a guest, but all 3 owners were there with some friends. One of them (that looks kind of like "Sawyer" from "Lost") took me for a walk and showed me the beach, the little beach (Prainha, on the 2nd photo) and the city, and also took me to a giant turtles reserve (Projeto Tamar).

The other days I just spent with the people from the hostel, having barbeques or just chillin in the beach. Reading a book in a net, playing snooker and eating sea-food in the beach. I also went to other parts in the island, only to find out that Barra da Lagoa is indeed my favorite.

There are dogs all over the beach. This two liked me (and I was sending them away, I dont even like dogs that much), so they became body-guards, following me and then sitting close to me and barking at everybody that was passing by.

Right now I am not in Floripa anymore, but I know I will come back. Not only because a friend sayed that once you come to Floripa, or you stay or you come back, but because I just know that no matter what (and still wishing for the scholarship thing to get screwed!!) I will be back really soon...

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário