sábado, 4 de dezembro de 2010

Bariloche

Set on the shores of a cobalt-blue surfaced lake, and framed by snow-capped Andean peaks, Bariloche really has a breathtaking setting. The bus ride from El Bolsón to Bariloche, passing by the mountains with bright yellow and purple flowers, waterfalls and, finally, the lake, is astonishing.
On the 1st day I just walked arround the city center, full of garish souvenir stores and chocolate shops & factories where they give all kinds of samples of gourmet chocolate for people to taste. The city is really pretty, with small buildings, almost all with a wood facade. Also the Museo de la Patagonia is so worth it to visit, very well made, tracing the area's Mapuche and European history.

The next day I took the bus to San Martin de los Andes. The city itself is kind of boring... however, the landscape on the way there makes the whole trip absolutely worth it. And it is possible to take the East route to get there, passing by Valle Encantado (like the movie with the dinosaurs!) and go back to Bariloche by the Ruta de los siete lagos (route of the seven lakes), that traverses dense alpine forests, mountains and brilliant blue lakes, rivers and waterfalls. Part of that route is just a bumpy dirt track, that with the rain (and it was raining) just becames a muddy mess. I was also on the front seat of the bus, listening to the conversation between the driver and his assistent (and also sharing a mate with them, I just love mate :D) about car and bus accidents. Really funny, the road was a mess, and they were there talking "oh, in this turn a car jumped off the hill", "here a bus fell to the water last week", and so on, and the panic on the face of some people.

In my last day, a bit of treaking in Circuito Chico, a circuit with forest trails to hidden beaches and lakes, very pleasent for a day excursion (and the easiest one). On the way back, I met 2 ladies (german and italian) and went back to Bariloche with them, ending up going together for a hot chocolate in Mamushcka, perfect to warm up after the whole day walking.
At night I took a bus to Perito Moreno (city). Only after buying the ticket I found out there are no hostels, no hotels, no nothing in there, and as it is in the middle of Ruta 40, there are only buses every 3/4 days, so I really didn't know what to do once I got there. Bueno, I decided to trust in luck, so far it never failed on me and I believe in taking chances (and really wanted to visit Las Cuevas de las Manos), and I went anyway.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário